Over the past few years we have offered multiple internships! This year we are excited to do it a little different as we are only offering ONE internship spot. This internship will begin in November and last through May.
What are we looking for:
– Someone who can commit to working approximately 10 – 15 hours a week at the SRP studio located in New Hill, NC (right outside of Apex)
– Someone who has a passion for photography, weddings, organization and creativity
– Someone who is willing to contribute to a team
– A strong work ethic
– Someone who loves to learn, can problem solve and is responsible
– Someone who is familiar with Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest
– Someone who loves music, coffee, and the occasional little one running around (we have a 13 month old baby girl and a baby boy on the way!)
– Someone who is interested in and willing to assist during some weddings and sessions
– A bonus: a working knowledge of Photoshop, Lightroom, Google Suite (but NOT needed)
What you can expect to learn and gain from the internship:
– The basics of social media to grow a small business
– The wedding day flow and how to work with vendors
– What it takes to make weddings, sessions and events successful
– How to maintain photography equipment
– How to design and maintain a website
– The big and little things required to run a successful small business
– How a wedding photography business is run in a high wedding season
This position is unpaid, but we are happy to work with you to get college credit if that’s something your school offers. We are confident the internships we offer are great learning opportunities. We promise this internship will leave you with the tools and knowledge to start your own creative business.
*Please note, after a certain amount of training and photography skill has been reached you will begin to be paid if you choose to shoot weddings with the SRP team – this will be on a case by case basis. We will discuss this further during the interview process.*
Apply here: https://forms.gle/bqbdiho9ZSpj9vkJ9
Application deadline is Friday, October 16 at 5 p.m.